On Tuesday, Kevin received another round of Avastin, one of the chemotherapy drugs he has been taking. This was the family’s first time transporting Kevin in our car, so it was a milestone. The drive to the hospital and chemo administration went relatively well, though the chemotherapy took much longer than expected. Kevin was doing fine until he got home again, when he got nauseated and sick. He had been doing well in terms of nausea over the past few weeks—so well that we had started to forget about the anti-nausea medication. Tuesday and Wednesday, Kevin was sick pretty frequently, but he’s managed to keep some food down.
We have a new #1 shake from the Santa Cruz area: the Fudge Brownie shake from Marianne’s. At least Kevin was able to keep that down!
Everyone has been getting used to the new routine at home. Physical, speech and occupational therapists come regularly to the house to work with Kevin, and he’s frequently working on exercises with Kathlin and Dad. I’m sorry I haven’t been posting many updates lately; I’ve been pretty bogged down with writing papers for finals week, but soon I’ll be home to help out. Thank you so much for supporting Kevin!
3 comments:
Yay!! So glad you liked Marianne's Ice cream. It is truly one of the best around. The nifty thing is they will pack any one of their ice creams into containers... and you may even be able to make your own milkshakes at home :). Its a great way to brighten up any day.
-Amber Schultz (Wilcox)
Hi Kevin, Kathlin and all you Williams. I am sorry to hear you are having all the nausea. I hope it passes shortly. I am so impressed that you were able to travel in a regular car. That is
truly a milestone!
That shake from Mariannes sounds so good, I will have to try one myself.
We keep you close in our thoughts.
With Love
Toni and Steve Runyon
You are all so amazing! Don't hesitate to ask for what you want, for what would be helpful to you because your community is there to help and to provide whatever would ease your journey whether it is food or equipment or time off...this is what we are meant to do for our friends and loved ones.
Jeannie
Post a Comment