Monday, February 8, 2010
Calling All Prayers and Thoughts
In the middle of last night, Kevin had to go to the ICU in Santa Clara. It appears that he has bleeding in his brain stem, which was probably caused by the radiation. This significantly worsened his symptoms, and he has been intubated because he was having a lot of trouble swallowing and breathing. They also needed to sedate him in order to intubate him. We are working toward getting him transported back to the neuro ICU at Stanford. We will post updates when we know more. For the time being, please send many, many thoughts and prayers Kevin's way. His condition is very serious, and he needs every bit of positive and hopeful energy we can send him. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.
33 comments:
I am sending prayers your way, for Kevin's healing and recovery.
Lynn Finger
We're so sorry to hear of this latest news. Lots of prayers and good thoughts coming from New York. Praying that this is a temporary setback and that Kevin will be right back at the hard business of getting well. He has the best of the best private duty nurse at his side,
With lots of love, Aunt Mary Jo and (Favorite) Uncle Bob
I'll be praying hard through the night, and then will have lots of time to pray as I head to S Korea in the morning. I'll look for an update once I'm settled in. Lots and lots of love, Debbie L
Kevin and family,
The Long / Robinson family sends the most positive and healing thoughts and prayers to all of you in this critical time of need. La Selva Beach is pulling for you to make it through this difficulty with success.
Love, Burke, Pat, and family
Sending our thoughts and prayers to Kevin and family. Love the Hinga and Nevitt families.
We are thinking of all of you and praying that this setback will soon be behind you. Stay strong...
Love,
the Weatherford family
KevKev,
Sofie and I have been following your blog since the blog started and have been fighting along your side this whole time. I have held back from posting something because I think that ive been in denial that you are sick. I want you to know that your one of my best and oldest friends and I love you. Your family has always been a home away from home for me. Being so far away I cant help but to feel helpless to do anything but pray for you...With that said tomorrow morning Im getting up for a Dawn patrol and having a session and a prayer ring out in the pacific in your name. I Love You Bro get well soon I think I speak for Max, Ro and Myself we need you!!!
Krya på dig get well soon
peace much love and healing vibrations
Tyler and Sofie
So sorry to hear this setback. We all send our prayers and best wishes.
The Goldenkranz family.
We are sending our of our prayers and positive thoughts to Kevin, Rich, Carolyn, Stacy and Kathlin. Be strong. We love all of you. Sending strength from all over the midwest.
Nancy and Dave, Casey and Katherine, Claire and Colleen
Dear Kevin and family---
We are sending loving and healing thoughts to all of you from across the Pacific. You are in our minds and in our hearts every day. Thank you for keeping us all posted with your blogs. Keep strong!
With much love and aloha---
The Kubota Family
Hang in there Kevin. We are all sending good vibes your way. We're all still praying for you. Good luck and stay strong.
Kevin, Kathlin and Family,
Sending many thoughts and prayers your way from Central New York--we know Kevin is strong and we hope he will keep fighting. We miss him at Colgate!
Alli Taylor and GTU
Sending all of my love and thoughts your way.
Love,
Sara Myers
I made cocao nib, currant and walnut cookies in Stacy's honor this weekend... praying through my mixing bowl.
Thinking of you daily, Kevin and family.
Much love,
Becca and Sam
Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Kevin, and your family. It seems like yesterday we were celebrating Max's birthday. Strength and courage be with all of you. Love, Christine, Kim, and Max
Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way daily. Keep strong.
The Glina Family
Sending all our love and prayers Kevin. We know you have the strength and support to pull through. You're in great hands and surrounded by warm and caring hearts. Thinking of you and your family.
Lots of Love,
The Souths
Everyone at Colgate is sending every ounce of our hope and love for Kevin. We know him as a fighter, a lover of life, and a good friend, all of which we know will help him in this struggle. He is lucky to be surrounded with such a loving and dedicated crew of caretakers over there in California.
With lots of love for all,
-Jason K.
Dear Carolyn and Rich,
We think of your family often. Of course what all of you are experiencing is incomprehensible to us, but please know regardless that we send our prayers of strength in spirit and body for Kevin, and for all his loved ones supporting him.
Much love,
Laura, Josh & Darrick
Sending positive thoughts and many prayers for all of you.
With much love,
Trish Cronin, Eileen and Tim, Kevin and Brian
We are sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers to Kevin and family.
Love, The Calciano Family
Kevin,
Stay strong and keep on keepin' on. We all believe in you! You are in our thoughts and prayers every day.
-The Princes
I just finished singing this traditional Jewish prayer of healing for Kevin. It is called the Mi Sheberakh. It is one of the central Jewish prayers for those who are ill or recovering from illness or accidents.
Here is the English translation -
May the One who blessed our ancestors --
Patriarchs Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob,
Matriarchs Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel, and Leah --
bless and heal the one who is ill:
Kevin Williams, son of Rich and Carolyn.
May the Holy Blessed One
overflow with compassion upon him,
to restore him,
to heal him,
to strengthen him,
to enliven him.
The One will send him, speedily,
a complete healing --
healing of the soul and healing of the body --
and let us all say: Amen!
We send our deepest prayers and love to all of you, May tomorrow be a better day.
Bob, Sandy, and Joshua Goldberg
We are sending positive thoughts and prayers for Kevin's return to health. He has a wonderful family whose love and support couldn't be more evident.
Thinking of all of you.
Lisa and Bruce
Hi Buddy,
I'm thinking about you all the time and will pray for your recovery. Tyler and I got together and he told me to stay strong and to send all my positive thoughts to you. I miss you and I can't wait to see you again. It won't be to long, BRAH! PS I hope you got a chance to read the card and watch our volleyball movie. I miss you, dude.
-Max
Kevin,
We are all praying for you over here at Colgate. I'm glad to hear you have such great care over in California, and I hope our good thoughts are reaching you too. <3
Kathleen
Hey Kevin and Family,
Just thought I'd let you know we're all thinking about you here at Colgate! From Theta Chi to the Mens and Womens waterpolo teams to even the faculty here, we are all praying for you! You can get through this, I know it, and you have everyone's love and support!
-Chip
Kevin,
Anything you need, any time any where. You are in our thoughts and prayers and have the love and support of more people than you could possibly imagine.
-Nick Mitilenes, Phi Delta Theta, and the Interfraternal Council (IFC)
Praying for you Kevin - keep fighting and stay strong! You and your family are in my thoughts.
Sue Emmert
Williams
AMEN
Parrish/Kuhn/Wright family
Definitely prayin for you man, hang in there. It sounds like you've been really blessed with your family's and Kat's support as well as all your friends pullin for ya to make it outta this. I'll be prayin for you everyday, you've got my promise, and I'll get my friends back home to pray for you too. God does miracles man, I've seen it, don't lose hope. I miss you man and I'm lookin forward to seein you again when you're past all this and healthy again.
What a great team is assembled here at this blog. Even more people and churches who are not represented have Kevin on their daily prayers for healing. We keep digging deeper and deeper , stronger and stronger in our prayers for God to continue the healing. I am going back outside to do snow shovel mantras. Each shovel of snow I remove is a prayer for well being for Kevin.
Dear Kevin and amazing family,
You are in our prayers with many many people pulling for you Kevin. YOu are surrounded by love and we're sending our angels over for extra company. Stay strong dear ones!!! the Friel family
Post a Comment