Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thank You!

Many, many thanks to everyone who thought of Kevin today. At noon, we went into Kevin’s room and reminded him of how much love he has coming from all of you. Mom had compiled a list of everyone who has been in contact with us and on the blog, sending Kevin prayers and well wishes. Through some tears and choking up, Mom read all of your names to him—it took a long time to get through you all! As I pictured each smiling face that she named, I couldn’t believe how much support Kevin has out there. I hope Kevin was also putting together in his mind a huge crowd of friendly faces cheering him on. We told him that there are people in 17 countries who are checking the blog—that’s really impressive!

Kevin had a very restful day today. His distress from a few days ago has evaporated for the moment (knock on wood). He didn’t seem in pain today; in fact, today was the first day in more than a week that he didn’t need any heavy-duty pain meds. He’s getting nutrition almost constantly, and he’s catching up on some much-needed sleep.

Again, thank you to all of you for sending Kevin so much love and support. For those of you who would like to make the “simultaneous Saturday” a weekly thing, please feel free to join in to create a group of hundreds, maybe thousands of people thinking about Kevin every Saturday at noon Pacific.

12 comments:

Lynn Myers said...

So glad to hear Kevin had a restful day yesterday. From a totally personal perspective it was awesome to be on the praying end. What a great idea for you to read all the names to Kevin but it certainly didn't include everyone. I got so many emails from people saying how happy they would be to pray from him and they don't even know him. So, "Noon with Kevin" will be an on-going Saturday event!

careortega said...

I'm a friend of Ien (Sie) Weatherford, who tells me that Kevin is a friend of Keenan's. She forwarded your blog to me and I immediately forwarded the email to my friends in faith, who will continually pray for Kevin, and for you. I wanted to let you know I was touched last night, when putting my 6 year old granddaughter to bed, that she reminded me that we need to say "special prayers" for Kevin. She prayed that God would make him feel better. We prayed for a miracle, that God would intervene. After all, he must have a plan for Kevin, since he pulled through many obstacles. Prayer is indeed powerful. We are sending ours long distance from Georgia. Take care of yourselves also. Love from the Ortega family.

toni runyon said...

I am so happy Kevin has been getting some rest and some strength back. It is a beautiful feeling to know how much love and support is coming your way. We continue our prayers for you all and will set aside a special moment each saturday, along with all our reinforcements of friends and family in pulling for you.
Love The Runyons

Brynne Anne Besio said...

Stacy,

Please share with your Mom that the Besio family in Florida was sending positive thoughts to Kevin and all of you on Saturday all that day but esp at noon pacific time. (Your Mom and i grew up together in Altadena.) How wonderful that you all can be there for Kevin as he fights this battle. He is immersed in love and support. You are an amazing family. Love, Brynne Anne

Anonymous said...

YAY KEV!!! DC sends lots good vibes.

--Suzy

Bob Galvan said...

From Bob Galvan: I am a friend of Carol Ortega. She sent me an email, telling me about Kevin. I feel privileged to have my name added to those that are praying for Kevin. I pray that Kevin will grow stronger by the day,and that God will give you peace and comfort. Reading that list to Kevin is a great idea; he must gather strength from knowing how many people are praying for his recovery. From L.A., CA.

Anonymous said...

Every morning I ask God to give all my strength to Kevin and Kathlin and everyone else who also is giving so much of themselves every day. We all can send a part of ourselves to him to help him heal.
I have a picture of Kevin at "the cabin" on the Mad River and I have asked the spirits of that magical place to for join the fight with us.
Kevin, thank you for teaching us all the true meaning of courage.
Uncle Bill Powers

Unknown said...

Ongoing strength to Kevin and all the Williams'.
Andrew

Anonymous said...

So good to hear Kevin is more comfortable !!!
alice, lexie's mom

Anonymous said...

ps- we sent love and healing energy from Camp Sunshine, the entire paretns group- all holding hands- a Powerful bunch !!!!
alice, lexie's mom

Naomi Goldberg said...

It was a beautiful day here in LA on Saturday - just around noon, the rain clouds parted, and it was spectacularly sunny and beautiful. Must have been a good omen.

How did the meeting on Friday evening with the doctors go?

Much love, N

Greg Reutershan said...

I'm not sure if France is included in your 17 country count but it should be... Best wishes to Kevin (K-Fed) for a speedy and complete recovery from France.

-Greg Reutershan

Post a Comment