Yesterday, a reporter from the Santa Cruz Sentinel visited us. She wrote an article about Kevin for today’s paper. You can access the article here.
Also, you can read Kevin's remembrance in the Sentinel here.
6 comments:
Aunt Ellen
said...
I know the Williams family is as big a fan of the Muppets as our family. I just got the word that I am supposed to give the Children's sermon on Sunday using the idea of a Grateful Heart. My favorite song from the Muppets Christmas Carol is http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/A+Thankful+Heart/2swqYs
It is so appropriate to Kevin's life that I can't listen to it without melting. "The measure of a man is in his friends" " Life is like a journey, who knows where it ends" " How precious life can be"
Stacy - I have been meaning to tell you - Thank you so much for writing this blog and keeping us all in touch with your families journey through this with Kevin - we have been in awe of the strength of your heartfelt words. Sincerely - Kathy Parenti and Family
To Dr. Williams, Carolyn, Stacy and kathlin, I have followed your blog, Stacy, from the beginning and have prayed, cried and been very thoughtful. We've prayed for all of your family and especially for strength for Kevin all during his illness at St Andrew presbyterian church in aptos where Kevin went to preschool. I loved having coffee breaks with Kevin when he was working summers at RMG billing. His smile was also so warm and lit up his face. We loved talking sports and enjoying chocolate chip cookies in the break room. I remember Stacy and Kevin coming to spend time when Dr. Williams was reading MRIs. The kids were so adorable and all of the staff loved having them around. I'm so sorry I won't be able to attend the memorial service on Thursday. I was surprised by a visit from my 2 sisters from Michigan and they have to leave today and I'll be taking them to Monterey for their flight back. I know you treasure all of the wonderful memories of the special family times together. Having the strength of family together helps in walking through this difficult time. I feel like I would know Kathlin and I know you treasure her as part of your family. I send you heartfelt wishes for peace for all of you during this hard journey that you all will continue to travel. Fondly, Shirley Ashworth
What a beautiful momorial that was last night for Kev! It was hard to see his face lite up on the screen with all his sports toys around and think that we won't see him again here on earth. It was an amazing tribute to him, it was good to laugh, the music was great, so nice to hear from his friends, brave sister, loving Kathlin and heartbroken strong dad. You are all amazing and we know that Kevin was loved and will always be in our hearts. Carolyn I still walk a few days a week at Seacliff Beach,I am often alone and would love a walking partner. I will call you in a few weeks and see if you want to join me sometime. Love Krista Brox
Williams family and Kathlin, Last nights memorial was beautiful and filled with so much love that Kevin surely felt it wherever he is. One of my favorite memories of Kevin is from our high school years. It's a memory that I didn't think of till I was driving home with Amber (Wilcox) Schultz was of a Halloween party I had held in high school. That year, for Halloween I was a Cal fan. A pretty easy costume for me to create since I was (and still am) a huge Cal fan. Kevin walked in my front door dressed, head to toe, in Stanford gear. He came as a Stanford fan. Even now I'm shaking my head at his antics and smiling at how many times in yearbook we would have heated "discussions" about which team is better and always having to end our "discussions" in a somewhat tie since neither of us would concede to defeat.
I am so glad and thankful that Kevin was a part of my life and I will always treasure the memories I have of him.
My strength, support, and love goes to you during this hard time.
Rich, Carolyn, Stacy, Kathlin and all of Kevin's extended family and friends. Kevin's memorial service was incredibly touching and beautiful and filled with so much love, admiration and pride. You are a beautiful family and have raised an amazing daughter and son. I know of no finer people. When I reflect on the wonderful pictures of Kevin, I am most touched by those that have him with his arms stretched out embracing the world and embracing life, One can almost hear him say, "come on life, Give me what you've got, I am ready to seize the day" I will look at life a little differently now, and perhaps if I am lucky, a little more through Kevin's eyes. His spirit has touched us all. With love and my continued prayers for all of you Toni Runyon
6 comments:
I know the Williams family is as big a fan of the Muppets as our family. I just got the word that I am supposed to give the Children's sermon on Sunday using the idea of a Grateful Heart. My favorite song from the Muppets Christmas Carol is http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/A+Thankful+Heart/2swqYs
It is so appropriate to Kevin's life that I can't listen to it without melting.
"The measure of a man is in his friends"
" Life is like a journey, who knows where it ends" " How precious life can be"
Stacy - I have been meaning to tell you - Thank you so much for writing this blog and keeping us all in touch with your families journey through this with Kevin - we have been in awe of the strength of your heartfelt words.
Sincerely - Kathy Parenti and Family
To Dr. Williams, Carolyn, Stacy and kathlin,
I have followed your blog, Stacy, from the beginning and have prayed, cried and been very thoughtful. We've prayed for all of your family and especially for strength for Kevin all during his illness at St Andrew presbyterian church in aptos where Kevin went to preschool. I loved having coffee breaks with Kevin when he was working summers at RMG billing. His smile was also so warm and lit up his face. We loved talking sports and enjoying chocolate chip cookies in the break room. I remember Stacy and Kevin coming to spend time when Dr. Williams was reading MRIs. The kids were so adorable and all of the staff loved having them around. I'm so sorry I won't be able to attend the memorial service on Thursday. I was surprised by a visit from my 2 sisters from Michigan and they have to leave today and I'll be taking them to Monterey for their flight back. I know you treasure all of the wonderful memories of the special family times together. Having the strength of family together helps in walking through this difficult time. I feel like I would know Kathlin and I know you treasure her as part of your family. I send you heartfelt wishes for peace for all of you during this hard journey that you all will continue to travel.
Fondly,
Shirley Ashworth
What a beautiful momorial that was last night for Kev! It was hard to see his face lite up on the screen with all his sports toys around and think that we won't see him again here on earth. It was an amazing tribute to him, it was good to laugh, the music was great, so nice to hear from his friends, brave sister, loving Kathlin and heartbroken strong dad. You are all amazing and we know that Kevin was loved and will always be in our hearts.
Carolyn I still walk a few days a week at Seacliff Beach,I am often alone and would love a walking partner. I will call you in a few weeks and see if you want to join me sometime. Love Krista Brox
Williams family and Kathlin,
Last nights memorial was beautiful and filled with so much love that Kevin surely felt it wherever he is. One of my favorite memories of Kevin is from our high school years. It's a memory that I didn't think of till I was driving home with Amber (Wilcox) Schultz was of a Halloween party I had held in high school. That year, for Halloween I was a Cal fan. A pretty easy costume for me to create since I was (and still am) a huge Cal fan. Kevin walked in my front door dressed, head to toe, in Stanford gear. He came as a Stanford fan. Even now I'm shaking my head at his antics and smiling at how many times in yearbook we would have heated "discussions" about which team is better and always having to end our "discussions" in a somewhat tie since neither of us would concede to defeat.
I am so glad and thankful that Kevin was a part of my life and I will always treasure the memories I have of him.
My strength, support, and love goes to you during this hard time.
Leanna Madolora
Rich, Carolyn, Stacy, Kathlin and all of Kevin's extended family and friends. Kevin's memorial service was incredibly touching and beautiful and filled with so much love, admiration and pride.
You are a beautiful family and have raised an amazing daughter and son. I know of no finer people.
When I reflect on the wonderful pictures of Kevin, I am most touched by those that have him with his arms stretched out embracing the world and embracing life, One can almost hear him say, "come on life, Give me what you've got, I am ready to seize the day" I will look at life a little differently now, and perhaps if I am lucky, a little more through Kevin's eyes. His spirit has touched us all.
With love and my continued prayers for all of you
Toni Runyon
Post a Comment